Tio Mario, a true gentleman and one of the most honorable and great human beings you could ever meet had worked really hard for years to organize an art work that will show part of Susi's last work, which was inspired by boleros and pasillos, two music genre that are 100% feeling, perfect to listen with a bottle of very strong liquor, especially useful after breakups or "mal de amores" = bad loves.
I had added this to my blogger because I want you to see part of the exhibit but most importantly to show tio Mario's love to my aunt. I don't see as often as I wish couples that love each other without the boundaries of time, space or presence.
These are my brother David and my Dad at the entrance of the exhibit with tia Susi's life in pictures.
This painting is inspired by my favorite pasillo "El Aguacate". I love it so much that I will sing it often around Jefe (my doggie) and he will put his ears down just for this song, probably because I am a terrible singer. Tia Susi on the other hand did a great job painting it. The song was written underneath and avocado tree and is about a man who desperately needs the love of a woman to heal his soul.
All the objects here were painted by tia Susi and were part of her house and studio and also part of our houses and daily lives.
The purse was my grandma's
I believe that you can love and identify with art from strangers and I have seen how people in the exhibit loved tia Susi's work. For me this was not just loving her even more as incredibly creative artist but also loving my tio Mario in a higher dimension.
1 comment:
Gracias Mija por estas fotos, me has hecho recordar los tiempos compartidos con los tios, ellos tambien forman y siempre formaran parte de mi vida de una forma super especial. Susi fue mas que mi tia, fue amiga madrina y como mi otra mama al igual que tio Mario, su trabajo y sus creaciones estaran siempre vivas porque nosotros tambien somos parte de su obra. Me uno a tus palabras y gracias tio Mario por todo. Los amo profundamente
Mariu
Post a Comment